Affectionately known as Que (you can start calling him that now if you want!), Orville is a quiet guy, with a big heart and a lot of time for everybody. You may not know him as he mainly trains at 7:30 pm, but you may have noticed his steady ascent up the leaderboard on workouts.
He’s improved so much since he’s been here, getting stronger every day, and also building overall fitness in a big way. He’s been working with me on his nutrition. He’s aiming to build muscle as he has quite a small frame, and I have to say, his dedication and willingness to learn, try new things and listen to my advice makes him a pleasure to work with.
He’s a man of few words, but we still want to celebrate him! Well done Orville 🙂
1) What do you love about Crossfit, and how does it help you in your day to day life?
1. Everything! The coaches are very knowledgeable and dedicated to what they do. They always motivate you and make you feel like you can achieve your goals. The team spirit at CrossFit Woodford is top-class. From the day I started, I felt like a member of the family and everyone is so welcoming and always encouraging you to be the best version of yourself!
2) What’s your favourite workout?
Anything with Toes to Bar in it!
3) What 3 things would you say are Crossfit Woodford’s biggest plus points?
Great coaches always willing to help and take time to educate and motivate.
Great people – it’s amazing to feel part of a family at a gym!
It’s a great box to workout in. It’s small which means you are able to feel more like a part of something,
and it’s like having a personal trainer in a small group!
4) How has being a part of our community had a positive effect on you?
I’m naturally quite a quiet person and being at CrossFit Woodford has made me feel at home and more relaxed when meeting new people.
(I love this answer! Do you get that at a “normal” gym? Does everyone know your name? Even in bigger boxes, it’s easy to get lost. One of the best things about our box is the personal feel, the relationships you can build, and positive effects it can have on your life. Thanks Orville!)
5) What’s your favourite treat meal?
Greasy burger and chips!
6) What would you say to anyone new trying out Crossfit Woodford for the first time?
CrossFit is hard work but worth it. You will meet a great bunch of people who are there to motivate you and push you to reach your goals.
Keeping it simple. No need to meat it out, Orville has just said what I’ve always loved about our box. Work hard, meet new people and be a part of something.